A Bridged connection basically disables the routing, firewall and NAT features of the NB1. In a Bridged connection, the NB1 acts as a modem or hub, and just transmits packets between the WAN interface and the LAN interface. A Bridged connection assumes that another device is providing the routing functionality that is now disabled in the NB1.
To setup a Bridged Connection you will have to access the ADSL Router:
- Open your web browser.
- Type the default IP address http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
- Enter the NB1 Username and Password.
NB1 default user name is 'admin' and the password is 'admin'(Both username and password are case sensitive on these units).
Once Logged in:
- Click Setup and Connection 0 or PPPoE
- Change the Type to Bridge and LAN to Lan Group 1
- Click Apply.
- Click Tools and then click System Commands.
- Click the Save All button. Wait for the page to refresh.
- Click the Restart button. The device will now reboot.
Please wait 2 minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Your NB1 is now in Bridge mode.
You can now connect the NB1 into your router, and setup the router in "PPPoE" mode.