Configuring NB16WV-03 for a Mobile Broadband Connection
Ensure that your USB Mobile Broadband modem is compatible with the NB16WV-03 by checking the compatibility list at:
Ensure that your USB Mobile Broadband modem is working by testing it directly on your computer before plugging it in to the NB16WV-03 and proceeding with this guide.
Note the LED indicators related to the mobile broadband and their meanings.
|3G||Off||No 3G/4G configuration present (or no 3G/4G dongle plugged in)|
|Red Flashing||3G/4G connection failed - Retrying|
|Blue||The NB16WV-03 is connected to the Internet via a 3G/4G service|
|Blue Flashing||The NB16WV-03 is attempting to connect to the 3G/4G service|
|WWW||Off||No Internet configuration present|
|Red||The NB16WV-03 is connected via a 3G/4G service|
|Red Flashing||Data is being sent or received via the 3G/4G service|
- Navigate to http://192.168.20.1 in a web browser using admin as both the username and password to login to the router.
- If you have been asked for First Time Setup Wizard , choose No Thanks, take me to the Basic Interface.
- Click the Switch to advanced view to open the advanced view of the configuration page.
- Select the Network Setup menu then click the Network Setup option.
- Select the Mobile Broadband as the WAN Interface. The Wireless WAN option makes use of the mobile broadband dongle connected to the NB16WV-03.
For steps 6-21, please refer to the image BigpondSettings in the next page.
- In the Country field, select the country you are in. (e.g. Australia)
- In the Service Provider field, select Bigpond. The APN field will automatically populate itself.
- In the APN field, ensure that Telstra.bigpond is typed.
- Keep the PIN field blank unless instructed by Bigpond.
- In the Dialed Number field, type in *99#
- In the Username field, type in your Bigpond e-mail address. (e.g. [email protected])
- In the Password field, type in the password for your Bigpond account.
- In the Authentication Type field, select Auto.
- Keep the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS fields blank unless otherwise stated by Bigpond.
- In the Connection Control field, select Auto Reconnect (always-on).
- In the Allowed Connection Type, select Always.
- In the MTU field, type in 0.
- In the Keep Alive field, select Disable.
- In the Multicast field, select Disable.
- In the IGMP Snooping field, tick Enable.
- Click on the Save button.
- The Status tab in the Basic View should show that the 3G Status is Up once it connects.