About Factory Resets
A factory reset on a router returns all settings to default settings as the router was when leaving the factory floor. It is particularly important to perform a factory reset after upgrading the router firmware to ensure the firmware installation is completed correctly.
There are two methods that can be used to perform a successful factory reset:
- using the router's graphical user interface (GUI) to complete a factory reset.
- performing a factory reset manually using the reset pinhole at the back of the modem.
This guide will explain both methods to complete a successful factory reset.
Performing a Factory Reset via the Router GUI Interface
- Navigate to http://192.168.20.1 in a web browser using admin (without quotes) as both the username and password to login to the router.
- Click the Switch to advanced view to open the advanced view of the configuration page.
- Select the Toolbox menu and then click the Reset to Default option.
- Click OK to confirm the reset
- After the modem has rebooted you will need to login to the modem and re-enter your broadband connection settings such as your ADSL username and password.
Performing a Factory Reset Manually
- Ensure the NB16WV-02 is powered on.
- Depress and hold in the WPS/Reset button for 10-15 seconds until the modem lights flicker to indicate the reset has occurred.
- After holding in the reset button for 15 seconds, release the button and check that the modem lights return to their normal pattern. If this does not happen, disconnect the power supply cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.
- You will now need to login to the modem and re-enter your broadband connection settings such as your PPP username and password under the Basic Setup.