The system log provides a way to check for problems or provide more information about your issue when requested by Technical Support.
As this information is cleared when the modem / router / VOIP ATA reboots, we recommend using a �Syslog Utility� (for example: Kiwi Syslog).
*- If supported by your model of modem / router.
This guide will take you through the steps required to enable and view your system log.
1. Navigate to http://192.168.20.1 in a web browser.
2. Enter �admin� (without quotes) as both the username and the password and press the Login button.
3. If you have been asked for First Time Setup Wizard, choose "No Thanks, take me to the Basic Interface."
4. Select �Switch to Advanced View� at the bottom right hand side of the page.
5. Select �System Log� from the Advanced Settings menu.
6. To view the System Log immediately select the View Log button.
7. The system log entries can be seen as the example below shows.
8. Using the Download button you have the option of saving the system log entries as a text file.
9. To enable remote logging, please continue to the next page.
Enabling Remote System Logging
1. Select the System Log option from the Advanced Settings menu.
2. Enter the Public IP address of the computer you are running your Syslog Utility software on into the �IP Address for Syslog server� field.
3. Enter a tick in the enable check box to enable the IP Address for Syslog Server option and press the Save button.
Your Syslog Utility software should now be able receive logging information from your NP805 router.
For assistance with configuring the Syslog Utility software, please contact the software manufacturers.
Sending Syslog Data via Email
4. To send the syslog data via email enter a tick in the enable check box for the �Email address to send syslog to� option.
5. Enter the SMTP Server address and port number to be used to send the email into the SMTP Server and Port fields.
6. Enter the SMTP username into the SMTP username field and the SMTP password into the SMTP password field if they are required.
7. Enter the email address or addresses that the syslog data is to be sent to into the E-mail addresses field.
8. Enter a subject for the Email to be sent into the Email subject field.
9. Press the Email Log Now to send the log file to the email addresses.